March 10, 2016- CORC Quarterly Kickoff
37 attended the the meeting at the OHSU Central Oregon Community Research Hub on 963 SW Simpson Suite 100
Links to Handouts and Slides:
Initial Finding for Community Assessment: Erin has been meeting with community members all over Central Oregon for the past few months to better understand our region’s interests and resource needs in using data and research best practices to improve health and wellness. We presented a few of the initial results from 19 interviews at the CORC meeting on March 10th, and in addition conducted a live poll during the meeting.
- Community Project Presentation: Doug Kelly, Redmond Fire & Rescue: COMMUNITY PARAMEDIC PROGRAM. A Central Oregon project focused on reducing hospital admissions, emergency dept. visits and ambulance costs.
- CORC Activities: Community Assessment findings: building local capacity, ensuring relevance
- New Funding Opportunities from Central Oregon Health Council
- CORC structure and leadership: moving forward, establishing community priorities
- Project Exposed! An Opportunity for Collaboration and Conversation
Heather Johnson, Sisters High School, 10+ years of data on high school students in her pursuit of equipping students with tools for life.